This informational Quick Guide provides property owners, design professionals, surveyors, realtors, insurance agents, elected, state and local officials an understanding on why and how Hawaii counties must regulate development in our floodplains and how we all can help reduce flood risk within our community.
In this illustrative publication, you’ll learn about:
- The National Flood Insurance Program;
- Floodplains and Flood Maps;
- Other Flood Hazards in Hawaii;
- Planning Development to Minimize Flood Risk;
- Fundamentals of the Floodplain Management Requirements;
- Permits and Elevation Certificates;
- Specific Building Requirements in A and V Zones;
- and much more including useful resources.